So, you’ve been emailing and instant messaging with a particular Sugar Daddy, and you seem to have made a connection. Before jumping into a face-to-face meeting, however, a smart Sugar Baby should arrange to speak over the phone with any rich older man. Emails and even chats can be thought through and edited before being sent, but a phone call will give you both a better idea about each other’s real personality. In some cases, the phone call can let you know that you’re not as good of a connection as you thought, and it’s better to know that before going through the fuss of a first date and then having it end up being awkward.
When you have sparked the interest of your potential Sugar Daddy and have a correspondence going on, he might give you his number or ask for yours. At which point you have the opportunity to move the correspondence to text. This is very good as this means that he wishes to get to know you better and is interested in making you his Sugar Baby. You should already be prepared for this step in your relationship.
One thing you should consider is having an extra cell phone that is specifically for communicating with Sugar Daddies. This protects you from revealing your real phone number and being stalked. A disposable phone can easily be abandoned should someone become unpleasant. There’s, also, the option of using a voip program like Skype. Another option is to use an app that gives your own phone a second number.
In most young Sugar Babies’ experiences, the Sugar Daddies often will ask for you to send your picture, a selfie, to prove that the phone number is accurate. There is no harm in asking for his picture, as well. It is merely fair game so you can confirm who he says he is from his profile.
You don’t have to be afraid to be yourself when you text as well. It is difficult to read context by text. However, you can keep it fun and throw in some exclamation points and emojis to express yourself. This will let your Sugar Daddy know how pleased you are to be chatting with him and how excited you are to meet him.
It might sound frightening meeting a rich person who’s older than you – even more so when it’s your first time. Your instincts have to always come first. If you think there is something off and you feel something weird about a certain Sugar Daddy, then you should not meet him. You will find another Sugar Daddy that will be interested in you.
In the era of emails, instant messaging and texting, it is possible to not have a phone conversation. However, when it is about dating, especially online sugar dating, the conversations through phone are still an innate part of the dating process. Essentially, you have to first hear your Sugar Daddy’s voice before meeting up with him.
In addition, merely making a call through phone is nerve racking, especially when you have never meet this particular person before. The very first impression you make over the phone conversation is truly important. Different from an email correspondence, you cannot ever “delete” anything that might not sound right. So here are some tips that can aid you to get through that first ever phone call with your Sugar Daddy and set that date.
- Keep your phone fully charged. This may seem obvious, but it’s easy to get busy and forget. If your phone is at even half power, it might be a good idea to plug your phone into a fast charger for the duration of the call. It could be disastrous if your phone call was cut off abruptly. This could give the impression that you are not truly serious about furthering the relationship or that you are simply irresponsible and careless. A good Sugar Baby doesn’t want to be seen as any of these things.
- Be cheerful. Although the conversation might not go as planned, you have to keep your tone exuberant and light. Keep in mind that they cannot read your facial expressions while you’re having a phone conversation. Your voice is the only thing you can give for the other to go on. It is very important that your Sugar Daddy cannot read any boredom, annoyance, or hesitation in your voice.
- Make the other person comfortable. Keep the conversation going by making sure you fill any awkward silences. You can let the Sugar Daddy know that you are happy to be speaking with him. You can put him at ease by commenting on his conversational skills. The more relaxed you two are, the better and easier your conversation on the phone will be. Just make sure that you don’t babble foolishly. If the conversation is truly flagging, it might be best to end it.
- Be detailed. Your replies must not be too short. Utilize the questions your Sugar Daddy asks you because this is the time you can tell him something truly interesting about yourself. If he says “How was your day”, you can say something like “It was awesome. I had lunch with an old friend at a great sushi bar near my workplace, and now I am talking to you!” With this, you tell him three things compared to “It was good.” So, the three things are that you like sushi, you like keeping in touch with your friends, and you are happy to talk with your Sugar Daddy.
- Turn your replies into questions for him. To know your Sugar Daddy better, you can show him you’re interested in him by turning questions to him. With the above example, you can ask him a variety of question, like “And how was your day?” “Do you like sushi?” By this, the conversation will just flow freely and naturally. You have to avoid some awkward silences while having a conversation with your Sugar Daddy. You are responsible for keeping the conversation going, not him.
Be polite when ending the phone call. If you think the pace of the conversation is getting slow, you can politely end the conversation. Older men can be sensitive. Be genuine as much as possible, while still letting the conversation close as naturally as possible.