Since you are considering taking a plunge into online sugar dating, as a single young woman, you have to make sure that you are safe in this world. It is strongly suggested that an attractive Sugar Baby should know how important research is. You have to do this before you agree to meet your prospective Sugar Daddy. As rich, older men may lie about some things about them, as a Sugar Baby you have to verify what they do, who they are, their income, and their possible criminal history.
You’ll have to verify as much information as you can about your potential Sugar Daddy. After doing so, if you come up with such discrepancies in his profile or his story, he might be lying about something else very important. Do not be afraid in confronting him about it. In the world of sugar dating, there are some Sugar Daddies who do not live up to expectations.
For your safety, here are some tips that you can consider before setting a date with your Sugar Daddy.
- Gather as much information as you can. You can make use of the online dating service’s features, if there are any. There is a high demand for safety precautions within the online dating community and especially online sugar dating. There are a lot of platforms that have implemented verification processes and such features can make it easier for online Sugar Babies to know whether or not her matches are promising as they appear to be.
- You can check out your Sugar Daddy’s profile to see if their profile or photos are verified. This feature asks the members to submit these for checking purposes. Once they’ve passed, this will be indicated through a verification badge that appears on their profile, which indicates that they are who they say they are. If the service does not have this kind of feature, then you can attempt to ascertain the legitimacy of an image by using Google’s reverse image search tool. This will yield any similar photos on other web sites or pages. Meaning that if your Sugar Daddy has stolen any photo from another user, Google can help you investigate and discover it.
- Use other social media channels for verification. No, this does not mean that you are stalking your Sugar Daddy in the cyber world. Even though this might not be your usual stuff, it is a good idea to dig into your potential Sugar Daddy’s online interactions. If he appears to be normal on social media and in his activities, he might be who he says he claimed to be. However, many profiles on social media are set to private, so it is still worth checking the “about me” details listed on their sugar dating profile and do a quick Google search to see if there is a similar variation or the same information that pops up on other social media sites for other people or if it’s the same person.
- Verify on more the one platform. Even though this kind of checking on such search engine is an easy way to perform research, the results may not always be accurate, especially when the Sugar Daddy has a common name. Or if he’s the one that has been copied. There are some online dating services that do this work for you, like Tinder, which allows users to connect their Instagram account to their profile or some online dating services that lets matches browse through their Instagram images and videos. This is to let potential matches get to know the person more and verify who they claim to be.
- Consider ordering a complete basic background check. People may think that doing a background check on someone you wish to meet through an online sugar dating services is invasive or excessive. But using a people search service can be a big help in knowing your prospective Sugar Daddy. A people search service site can do a number of things that come in handy for Sugar Babies. A comprehensive report about a certain person’s previous addresses, date of birth, age, aliases, relatives, and phone numbers can aid you in determining if the person is who he says he is. However, there is a fee for this kind of report, but it might be worth it.
The bottom line is that you should not rush out to meet any potential Sugar Daddy before you are sure of who he is. You may be tempted to quickly set your first date after a couple of conversations, but you should resist this urge. As relationships do tend to go faster online, wait at least a week or so before you meet face to face. Be cautious, and listen to what your instincts are saying to you, as well as, using your good common sense.
If you should find out that a potential Sugar Daddy is not who he says he is, you should take note of it. You should stop all contact and warn any other Sugar Babies that he may know. You should, also, take note of the warning signs that someone is lying in case you come across someone else trying to pull the same tricks.
If you do agree to meet a prospective rich Sugar Daddy in the end, make sure that your first meeting is in a public place and observe his behavior carefully. It is vital that you have an enjoyable experience on your first date as you get to know each other better. However, you must end everything at once, if you feel there is something off. On the other hand, if you find that everything about him is verifiable, and you connect well in person, then it is time to move on with the next step and enter into the mutually beneficial relationship that you have been hoping to find all along. If all goes well with the first few dates, then you are well on your way to a better life as an official Sugar Baby.